Now that summer is over and the days and nights are getting cooler, you may be thinking about how nice it would be to have radiant heat flooring. It’s the perfect time of year to consider this upgrade. No more walking around on freezing cold floors first thing in the morning. Let’s look at some positive aspects of radiant heat flooring.
- It heats the room evenly, unlike heating systems like radiators or forced hot air. Since the product covers the entire floor, there are no hot or cold spots in the room where the heat is focused so tightly in one area that other areas seem chilly in comparison the farther you get from a vent or exchange. Think of radiant heating like the warmth of the sun versus standing in front of a space heater. Where something like a space heater that heats the air around you, radiant heating actually warms the floors themselves, which then warms the room itself fully and evenly.
- It is set by a thermostat so you have complete control on how warm you want your floors and room. It can also be programmed just as your regular heating system, so no wasted heat while you are not home.
- Once installed, it is relatively maintenance free. Most radiant heat floors come with a long-term guarantee around 30 years. When installed properly by a reputable technician, radiant heat flooring very rarely has any issues once completed.
- Another pro of radiant heat is that it tends to be better for people with allergies because it doesn’t force particles in the air around the room like other forms of heating. With the elimination of duct work and heat exchanges, allergens in the air are reduced, keeping your air cleaner and your family and friends happier. You can also get rid of allergen capturing carpeting. With radiant heat floors, your floor will be comfortable to walk on year-round, barefoot.
- It works with all types of flooring. There’s no reason to change your design plan just to add radiant heat. It also takes up no space! No ugly radiators to see or worry about burning yourself on and no unsightly heat exchanges on the walls makes radiant heating an easy to incorporate and safe design element.
- Radiant heat is virtually noiseless! How wonderful is that? Do you hate having to keep the TV remote in had as your heat kicks on and off? You can forget all about that with radiant heat. No fans and no blowers make for a practically noiseless heating system.
- Lastly, and perhaps most importantly, radiant heat is energy efficient as there is little to no heat loss with this system. Where traditional heating systems can lose heat out of drafty windows, open doors, and structural leakages, rooms with radiant heat retain nearly all of the heat that is produced.
Radiant heat has so many benefits and we would love to discuss it further with you. If you’ve ever considered adding radiant heat to your home, have questions about it, or are ready to start talking about an installation, give us a call today!